Dinner Party Seafood Platter
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 blue swimmer crabs, halved, claws cracked
- 4 lobster tails or small whole lobsters, halved, cleaned
- 24 scampi, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 32 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 350g clams
- 12 scallops in the half shell
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200ml whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 small lime, zest grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- Combine the oil, garlic, basil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl, then season. Brush the marinade over the seafood.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cook the crab and lobster for 2 minutes, then add the scampi and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the prawns and clams, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the scallops. When the clams open and the prawns and scallops are opaque, transfer all seafood to a platter. Serve with parsley, avocado and seafood sauces.
- To make the avocado cream: Pulse ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the seafood sauce: Whisk the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
Costis Fresh Seafood https://costisfreshseafood.com.au/