Grilled lobster with parmesan sauce and thyme pangrattato
- 50g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) verjuice or dry white wine
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 60g (3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 2 cooked lobsters, halved lengthways, shells reserved, meat coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 70g (1 cup) fresh Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Whisk in the verjuice until smooth. Add the saffron. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until smooth and combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in 40g (1/2 cup) of the parmesan until it melts. Remove from heat. Season. Set aside to cool slightly. Stir in the lobster.
- To make the thyme pangrattato, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and thyme and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Preheat grill on high. Place the reserved shells, cut-side up, on a large baking tray. Spoon the lobster mixture evenly among the shells. Cook under grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle over the thyme pangrattato.
Costis Fresh Seafood https://costisfreshseafood.com.au/